Well last night was Rose's Country Dancers convo. I drove her mom, Debbie, and Debbie's boyfriend, Mark, down to Berea so we could finally see Rose perform live and not on video. On the way down we stopped off at the Waffle House in Richmond, exit 90, and had dinner, for which I was very grateful because I didn't eat lunch yesterday and was starving. I of course got my usual All-Star Special and a large OJ. And not surprisingly it was good as usual. God I love Waffle House. Anyway back to the events of the day, after our pit stop to eat dinner and waste some time since we were super early, we got back on the road and headed to Berea. The timing worked out perfectly because Steph saved us some awesome seats, front middle row, and we arrived about 10 minutes or so before it started. As for the performance they did a wondeful job, sans a few mistakes. I was very impressed with Rose and was very proud of her. As far as the other dancers go they all did a great job too. At the end when the performance was over they had invited people up to do the last dance shown with the country dancers. That particular dance Rose was the caller for. And she did a great job with that too. I even had fun doing that with her, other than the obvious moment towards the end.... And I tell you what, that can be dizzying for the unexperienced. Well at least it was for me with all the spinning. I'll update later with what the name of the dance it was. But in short I am glad I finally got to see her perform and she did an amazing job.
Kurtis @ 12:38 pm
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The last dance was called "Big Set" and it was an Appalachian dance.
Post a Comment